Crispy Baked Salt and Pepper Tofu from HeartBeet Kitchen
Have you seen Up? Do you remember the dog with the collar who blurts out everything that’s on his mind? The elderly man tries to leave him behind, but the dog finds a place to hide and joins him for the adventure. When he’s discovered, he sheepishly admits: “I was hiding under your porch because I love you.”
That’s kinda why I wrote this post. “I made this list because I love you.” I got pretty darn hungry writing it, too. I truly hope you like it, and try a recipe (or all 31!).
As anyone who has compiled a list like this knows, there is a LOT of scanning recipes for ingredients. I did my absolute best to make sure I notated whether things are vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free (or can easily be adapted). If you see a mistake, please kindly let me know in the comments below, tweet me (@nicolenavratil) or send me an email (nicole [at] pepperoniisnotavegetable [dot] com). Please double-check the ingredients to make sure they are vegan or gluten-free.
If you’re not sure how to alter a recipe to make it vegan or gluten-free, please let me know! I’m happy to help.
1. Easy Slow Cooker Saag Aloo (Spinach and Potatoes) from Amouse Your Bouche. Vegan & gluten-free
2. Roasted Portabella and Chickpea Burritos with Chimichurri Sauce from Oh My Veggies. Vegetarian, easily made vegan AND gluten-free.
3. Quinoa Stuffed Peppers from Souvlaki for the Soul. Vegetarian if you swap the chicken stock for veggie! Gluten-free. Easily made vegan.
4. Harissa Lentils with Cauliflower from Naturally Ella. If you’re not up for making your own harissa (I haven’t tried that yet!), you can always buy some. Vegan & gluten-free.
5. Creamy Vegan Tomato Cashew Soup from The Kitchn. Vegan & gluten-free.
6. Creamy Broccoli White Bean Soup from Whole Living. Vegetarian & gluten-free, easily made vegan.
7. Braised Kale & Chickpeas in Coconut Milk from Kate in the Kitchen. Vegan & gluten-free.
8. Mushroom Kale Wild Rice Cassrole from The Kitchen Paper. Vegetarian & gluten-free. Note: We made this a few weeks ago, with two changes. We swapped the butter for olive oil, and omitted the heavy cream. Still really delicious!
9. Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich from The Simple Veganista. Vegan, easily made gluten-free.
10. Rice Noodle Salad Bowl with Baked Salt & Pepper Tofu from HeartBeet Kitchen. Vegan & gluten-free.
11. Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai from Shared Appetite. Vegetarian if you omit the fish sauce! Easily made vegan. Gluten-free.
12. Vegan Sloppy Black-Eyed Peas from Cravings of a Lunatic. Vegan, easily made gluten-free.
13. Green Lentil Pierogi from Vegalicious. Vegan.
14. Kale Avocado Wraps with Spicy Miso-Tipped Tempeh from Healthy Happy Life. Vegan. Could be gluten-free if you find GF tempeh and GF tortillas.
15. Beany Bruschetta from Elizabeth Borelli. Vegan, gluten-free if you use GF bread.
16. Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna from the Stronger Together Co-op Blog. Vegetarian. Could be gluten-free if you use GF lasagna noodles.
17. Yam and Quinoa Cakes from Je Mange la Ville. Vegetarian & gluten-free.
18. Lemony Bulgur-Stuffed Swiss Chard Leaves from Food & Wine. Vegan. Could be gluten-free if you replaced the bulgur with quinoa or brown rice.
19. Delicata Boats with Red Rice Stuffing from Kim O’Donnell. Vegan & gluten-free.
20. Savory Chickpea Pancakes with Smokey Roasted Carrots from The Year in Food. Vegan & gluten-free.
21. Slow Cooker Red Thai Curry with Mock Duck, Peppers, and Mushrooms from Pepperoni Is Not a Vegetable. Vegan & gluten-free.
22. Crockpot Quinoa with Vegetables from Moms with Crockpots. Vegan & gluten-free. Try adding canned black beans or chickpeas at the very end.
23. Chili Cheese Lentils from Red and Honey. Vegetarian if you swap the chicken broth for veggie. Could easily be made vegan. Gluten-free.
24. Mashed Plantains with Red Beans from Sprouts In the Hood via Meatless Monday. Vegan & gluten-free.
25. Kale, Black Bean, and Avocado Burrito Bowl from Cookie & Kate. Vegan & gluten-free.
26. Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Beans and Greens from The Kitchn. Vegan & gluten-free.
27. Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing from The Ambitious Kitchen. Vegan & gluten-free. Try adding edamame or chickpeas!
28. Japanese Cabbage Vegetable Pancakes from The Smitten Kitchen. Vegetarian if you omit the Worcestershire sauce. Gluten-free if you use GF flour & soy sauce. I would love to try making these this month with “flax eggs,” which would make them vegan. If I do I will post the recipe!
29. Vegan Fajitas from Oh She Glows. Vegan. Gluten-free if you use GF tortillas.
30. Buffalo and Blue Cheese Veggie Bake from Bake Your Day. Try adding some pinto or garbanzo beans at the end! Vegetarian & gluten-free.
31. Kale and Cabbage Salad from Rawmazing. Vegan if you swap honey for agave nectar or maple syrup. Gluten-free.If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!